PDA

View Full Version : A interactive VML 3D cube

paclopes
01-11-2007, 06:24 PM
1) CODE TITLE: A interactive VML 3D cube

2) AUTHOR NAME/NOTES: Paulo Lopes

3) DESCRIPTION: As simples 3D cube made in VML that can be rotated by draging the mouse.

4) URL TO CODE: http://sips.inesc-id.pt/~pacl/sd/cubo

or, ATTACHED BELOW (see #3 in guidelines below):

djr33
01-12-2007, 05:10 AM
The rotation around a corner is interesting. If you did it around the center, might be more standard, though that's kinda cool too.

I don't knonw if this is acceptable to DD, simply because VML is IE only, so that's no fun. But it certainly does what it does well.
The other issue, though, is that it's not practical, just fun... a gimic. That's fine and all, but it doesn't really add content, just, in short, a really cool picture.

This doesn't say anything against your coding, though.

boxxertrumps
02-04-2007, 06:13 PM
what about adding a link/pic to each of the sides?

would that be possible?

Twey
02-04-2007, 06:22 PM
I don't knonw if this is acceptable to DD, simply because VML is IE only, so that's no fun.Plenty of the scripts on DD are IE-only. It could always be ported to SVG/canvas later (by someone more mathematically minded than myself, no doubt).
The other issue, though, is that it's not practical, just fun... a gimic. That's fine and all, but it doesn't really add content, just, in short, a really cool picture.Again, like around 10-25% of the other scripts on DD :)

boxxertrumps
02-04-2007, 06:46 PM
ive taken a look at the w3 specifications, and if the cube is drawn 3d and not 2d it should be possible...

adamstrags
02-09-2007, 06:45 AM
fun - shame its only IE.
one simple thing to add would be...
Keep the cursor position the same when mouse is down. That way mouse movement wouldn't be limited to the size of the window. I guess you'd take the mouse movement, change the appearance of the cube and then reset the mouse cursor to its original position.

boxxertrumps
02-09-2007, 01:21 PM
i think that kind of control would be open to abuse, because then someone could write a page that normal people couldn't figure out how to close.

And if you'll refer to my sig, normal people are idiots.

jscheuer1
02-09-2007, 02:33 PM
And if you'll refer to my sig, normal people are idiots.

Girl from my grade: "Is Canada a state or a province?"
Note, this is high school.

Didn't they have a big vote on that last year?