PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Gallery script IE - how to do it WITHOUT preload of <DIV> content

blazm
02-07-2005, 11:07 AM
I am using "Advanced Gallery script IE NS6!" and several other scripts I have found on your web site to build a web presentation. The problem I have is that the script preloads the whole content of the <DIV> section when building a menu and my divs contain IFRAMEs with images. Since there are around 40 divs which makes about 4MB of images the page takes quite some time to show even when viewed over a xDSL lines.

How to modify the Advanced Gallery script not to preload the content of <DIV> sections and still be able to build the menu?

Thanks for putting so many usefull scripts on-line, it realy makes it a joy to do something in HTML even for person without much HTML knowledge like me.

Best regards,

Blaz Malnersic

ddadmin
02-08-2005, 02:36 AM

I don't see an easy solution for this. FYI the script doesn't really preload the div contents, but is simply run when the page has finished loading (so pre-waiting would be a better description). It needs to do this before it can reliably know how many DIVs are in rotation within the Gallery, and the title for each DIV to build the "menu."

Sorry,

Xeandrac
02-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Hi, I am having the same problem. If there is a way too solve this I would be so gratefull :) .

I want to use it on this site (http://www.gratis-****o-plaatjes.nl/test.shtml) (please keep in mind that this is an XXX site) but now the loading time is way too high. I haven't even finished filling the Db yet.

So if you could fix it...

Best regards,

Xeandrac

p.s. Awsome scripts you got here!