PDA

View Full Version : liquid flash?

Maxima
01-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Hi all,

Is there a way to design a liquid Flash banner that fits whenever you resize the window??

Any help? where to start? Thanks

BLiZZaRD
01-10-2007, 07:46 PM
By "fits" I assume you want it to resize to match window size on the screen.

You can do this with any element, including Flash, using CSS and a <div> or two.

There may be other ways to do this as well, but I am not sure.

When doing CSS and you set width and height of the div that will contain the element just use &#37; instead of fixed px settings. It will resize based on window size until, of course it is too large for the window.

djr33
01-10-2007, 09:16 PM
But will the flash conform to that and scale properly?

BLiZZaRD
01-10-2007, 09:22 PM
If you embed it correctly. I had to do it once, not a banner but a full size movie. Worked well for the limited amount of change that was needed for the window.

Maxima
01-11-2007, 05:30 AM
That might work fine i will try..

but I have seen a banner (.swf) before embedding it, and whenever you resize the window it resizes with it perfectly.. it's like when you design in flash instead of using pixels you use % but that doesn't seem to be working in flash! it accepts only fixed units (px, pts....)

Maxima
01-11-2007, 06:53 AM
I know i'm a beginer in Flash , so please tell me is this related to my question?

http://morethanseven.net/projects/fluidflash

Thanks

BLiZZaRD
01-13-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't see why that won't work, as long as you ensure all your variable are pointed correctly.

Merciless
01-23-2007, 05:39 AM
i wouldn't suggest stretching flash, im good with flash, though im a noob with coding, you can make continuations of the flash animations, like a table on both sides with a background that matches the edges of the flash, then set the tables to %'s, works well, sorry if that sounded confusing, if i had to demonstrate it it would look like this [%table][flash][%table] just have them mesh together so that the tables look like the edges of the flash animation. thats what i did on my web page.

psilos
01-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Just follow the instructions on the link u provided..