PDA

View Full Version : PHP Include issue

kwijmbo
01-09-2007, 02:43 AM
Hi,

I'm still a bit new to php but have a bit of experience with it.

I currently built a website in Gunther which is basically a php framework that uses smarty templates. It allows you to create new pages etc like a small cms and allows you to enter php code and html etc to help display your data.

A problem I'm having is on one of the pages in my site which is created as a flat file, not sql, I want to display and use a php user management program.

I have successfully been able to use a php form script as the whole application is in the one script. However when using a more advanced program that has many php files, I get issues and it won't allow the other files it calls on to load.

I was wondering if anyone here has experience with this, and could suggest a fix? Using as an iframe doesn't work, nor does as an include.

Cheers in advance,
Paul

djr33
01-09-2007, 02:46 AM
It sounds complex, and I don't really understand the issue.

What's the basic problem?

"it won't allow the files it calls on to load"?

what does that mean?

kwijmbo
01-09-2007, 05:35 AM
well i probably made it sound more complicated than it is!

Just say I have my user login program. It's 6 php files.

When making the page in the website I can input php or html code to call that index.php file of the user login program.

However I can't load the page as an iframe - won't let me, and if I open the page as an include, the first page that i've included (index.php) loads fine and displays beautifully

however if i then try to login etc and the script starts working, it then basically won't find the files it needs even though it's in the same directory as the index.php file. because the gunther program/smarty template system is looking for a flat file page called index.php which doesn't exist.

really hard to describe unfortunately :(

djr33
01-09-2007, 11:34 AM
I would suggest, then, fixing the program that is trying to search for index.php and make it search for the correct one.
OR, you could rename your other current page index.php, possibly.

I'm still not quite sure.