PDA

View Full Version : Alt+P

yoshi555
01-08-2007, 01:09 PM
1) CODE TITLE: Alt+P

2) AUTHOR NAME/NOTES: Yoshi555

3) DESCRIPTION: Make a button and make it so if people press alt+ your letter or number the button is pressed

4) URL TO CODE: <INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE ="press me" onClick='alert("Please do not touch this button again")' accesskey="p"> </form>

or, ATTACHED BELOW (see #3 in guidelines below):

Twey
01-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Yeah... over-simplified scripts are one thing, but that's just taking the mickey :p

jscheuer1
01-08-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm afraid I may have encouraged this line of behaviour from yoshi555, perhaps not. In any case, generally, scripts do need to be a bit more involved than this. Here, we have no supporting images, css or script. In fact, no code other than standard HTML and even that (as supplied) is sloppy.

Sorry yoshi555, please wait until you have something a bit more involved before posting a new thread in this sub-forum again.

To be on the safe side:

Make sure it is at least 5 lines of javascript or css code and something that isn't just a part of the normal HTML or css specifications.

djr33
01-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Think of it like this:
Make something that others might not know how to do in that way.
If you're being creative, then that's great.
Just using the default properties correctly (or not) isn't going to make a script worthy of hosting.
Using them in a complex/creative/useful way that would help others would.

yoshi555
01-08-2007, 09:52 PM
This is a useful ay wat if my mouse didnt work witch happend last night so u could just press alt+p to press the button? One thing I dont know how to post something in the HTML section :confused:

mburt
01-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Again, this is just a feature of HTML. Construct a series of these and you'll have you're own script :)

ddadmin
01-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Yoshi, the "Submit a Script" forumshould only be used to post original and elaborate scripts, not a couple of lines code that are also arguably impractical. A few of your submissions lately have been like this.

Closing thread.