PDA

View Full Version : Fading Image Slideshow help

misterbugeye
02-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Script: Fadein Image Slideshow
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

I would like some help to modify this script so that the images only rotate through once, leaving the last image displayed. Alternately, if someone can recommend another image script that could be modified to only rotate through the pictures one time, that will work, too.

I searched the archive because I had seen this question asked before, but never answered.

I've tried playing with the parameters to no avail. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance for helping with my first post.

ddadmin
02-08-2005, 06:17 AM
Wow this was a little more elusive than I had thought as well. :) Probably because of all the moving parts in the script. Anyhow, this seems to work. Locate the line:

setTimeout("rotateimage()",pause)

and directly above it, add:

if (nextimageindex==1)
return

This should cause the slideshow to stop once the last image is shown.

misterbugeye
02-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Thank you, THANK you! Your mod worked like a charm. I've added the change to my master script and commented around it so I don't forget what it was for and how to do it.

I really appreciate the help.

ingunnboe
02-17-2005, 11:02 AM
I have tried your fading image slideshow, and i am very satisfied. But i have not succseded in centering the images, or placing the imageshow inside a table. Could you possibly help me with that?

ddadmin
02-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Hmmm you should be able to place the script inside a table without problems. Incidently to center the script, placing it in the center column of a 3 column table will do.