PDA

View Full Version : very basic database

Bornfree
01-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi everyone,

I wish to create a very basic database on my website which will give the user all the compatable products for a particular item. eg when a user types in a transmitter model than he gets a list of all the receivers and vice-verser.

If anyone could help me out or point out a thread where it is covered? I have search but did not find any luck

djr33
01-07-2007, 09:31 PM
It's probably a lot of tedious work, but the coding shouldn't be that bad.

Here's a tutorial on the basics:

http://php-mysql-tutorial.com

mburt
01-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Yeah. And five hours of straight downloading on a dial-up connection :p

djr33
01-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Hm? To setup mysql?

djr33
01-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Caps lock is on. Too lazy to scream by holding shift?

But... in seriousness, please don't just randomly go around ranting. that'll get you banned.

mburt
01-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Back to the original question...
The package is 50 megabytes, which on dial-up takes a long time to download.
At about 3 kb/s

djr33
01-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Ok, wasn't sure if that's what you were referring to.
Yeah, that's no fun.
But hopefully any server won't be running off dialup. Hehe.

Shotgun Ninja
02-19-2007, 01:29 PM
What if the download link is blocked? I'm working out of a tech school, and they don't allow most downloads. Or websites. I was lucky to find dynamicdrive.com, as the school site uses one of DD's scripts and therefore cannot block their own script source.

Anyway, I'm trying to get a MySQL database set up for the phpBB forums on my website. Help? How to make MySQL database? Etc.?

downliner
03-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Ask your web host if they can supply you with a mysql database. If it is free hosting (Geocities etc) then the answer is probably not, if it is paid hosting you probably already have one and just dont know about it. Either way you should ask your host for support with this asthey will probably even set it up for you

djr33
03-12-2007, 05:14 PM
If the dload link is blocked, go to a connection where it isn't.

If you can't get the file... well... you can't get the file. there's no creative solution.

You could try a proxy, but I'd guess that might be blocked too.