PDA

View Full Version : Problems with AJAX and Featured Content Slider

big_apple
01-05-2007, 06:33 PM
1) Script Title: Featured Content Slider

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem:
I am trying to use AJAX to pull content from other pages in the Featured Content Slider. Even though things are working well in Firefox, I cannot get the Featured Content Slider working with AJAX in IE6. I made sure that each page had a valid doctype, but this did not help.

In IE6 and Firefox, the content slider works correctly if I display plain or formatted text and code it directly into the page that contains the content slider.

IE6 fails to display content when I turn any of that text into a link. It also fails to display correctly when I use AJAX, regardless of whether the text is formatted in any way.

Since Firefox is working well under all these conditions, I am left to believe that these are IE6 bugs, but I don't know where to begin to solve the problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

ddadmin
01-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Hi Jim:
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

big_apple
01-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Sorry. I can't post these on my site. They are destined for a demo of a potential enhancement to our Intranet. Right now, they are on my C:\ drive. I zipped the directory, but can't upload it as an attachment because it exceeds the maximum file size. Can I email it to you?

Thanks,
Jim

ddadmin
01-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi Jim;
Are you in fact using IE7 (versus IE6) to test out the resulting page locally on your own hard drive? If so that would explain the problem, as in IE7, Ajax will only run when it's done so either online or on localhost (web server running).

Sure, you can attach the relevant files as a zip file and upload it here. Please strip out any non relevant data/files first to make it easier to spot the problem.

big_apple
01-05-2007, 08:36 PM
I am using IE6.

ddadmin
01-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Ok, please see the 2nd half of my reply then (upload an example).