PDA

View Full Version : Wondering what program made this

Bat 21
01-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Interested in the roll-away effect. Anyone know? Not really good with pro stuff like dreamweaver.
http://www.trickedmytruck.com/zzwolfsig.gif

Twey
01-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Dreamweaver is far from a "pro" application. In fact, there is no such thing for web design. As for the image, the page-turning effect looks like a Photoshop (or Animation Shop) effect to me, although that's just a guess since I don't use Photoshop.

Kenny
01-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Whatever made it, it's only a fun toy to use on your machine for an amusing afternoon. The file size is too big for publishing.

djr33
01-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Photoshop doesn't do motion, Twey. That is definitely not PS. Arguably, you could try to make a page turning effect with it, but animating each page by hand would be terrible.
Animation Shop is the sister app to Paint Shot Pro (they ship together), and could very likely be that, though I'm not familiar with its newest version, so can't say for sure.

mburt
01-04-2007, 07:02 PM
I can do that with Animation Shop 3 by Jasc... It looks very similar, but it's not that high quality. It often looks very sketchy, but you might want to take a look.
It would make a really neat javascript program though...

BLiZZaRD
01-05-2007, 03:06 AM
Mask and tween in Flash with static images. Published as a GIF image with animation and looping enabled.

:D

djr33
01-06-2007, 05:19 AM
Could've been After Effects (video effects application by Adobe), then exported as gif.

there are lots of options out there.

I'd say that many free gif animators have some type of fun page turning effects.

As for quality, not sure what you mean, mburt. do you mean the image looked worse? perhaps you weren't using 256 colors... that image above is a gif, so it can't be using more than that...
or do you mean that the actual quality of the transition was worse? perhaps use more frames?

Shotgun Ninja
01-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah, what was that thing that Adobe made for animating GIF files? My friend told me about it one time... Could that've been it?

djr33
01-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Image Ready ships with Photoshop. I hate it, though. Could be that.

After no response and type of question (considering any program could make it), I suspect the post as spam to promote his site using the banner.

Twey
01-09-2007, 09:59 PM
I don't think so. There'd be a link somewhere. Spammers going for a big forum such as this don't want people to look at their site (especially when it's a gaming clan site, not even commercial), they want search engines to give it better ratings.

djr33
01-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Perhaps true. But I still am suspicious. There's no reply, and it's such an obvious answer... any program. We've given several examples that could fit... but he hasn't replied or anything.

Twey
01-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Maybe he forgot he'd posted.

djr33
01-10-2007, 03:49 AM
People are usually eager for the results of what they post.

It's most certainly possible, though.

Merciless
01-23-2007, 05:35 AM
i dont know, either way i think the effect looks kind of cheap, pixely, and a slightly laggy page turning effect, looks like a cheap gif pic. i doubt its flash, it might just be som cheap auto picture flip effect... like a script.. wouldn't sweat to much about it lol.

djr33
01-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Agreed, mostly.
Though:
1. It's not flash. It's a gif format now. Maaaybe it was made in flash, but it would be stupid to use flash to output a gif in the end. Just overkill.
2. It's not a script; it's a gif. The only possibility would be a frame by frame screen capture, and that seems very unlikely.

Frog Brew
01-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Looks like Ulead gif animator. Which creates huge files unless you don't mind sacrificing quality.

djr33
01-28-2007, 11:43 PM
That is generally true of all gifs, and all look terrible unless your specific graphics can handle being in 256 colors without quality loss, as is generally only the case with 'graphics' as opposed to photos, etc.

Frog Brew
01-29-2007, 02:33 AM
Thats why I like flash :D

djr33
01-29-2007, 08:12 AM
True, but flash requires a plugin, doesn't integrate with ease and is proprietary to work with.

Not that there is always a better solution....

Freeman
02-11-2007, 10:03 PM
If you did make it with flash you could convert it to a different format to save space on your site. It wouldn't be that difficult to make, export as flash, and use a program to convert it to gif. We did that freshman year in highschool.

Shotgun Ninja
02-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Wait... were you guys talking about me? Whatever. By the way, I got GIMP, and that's working just fine, although a bit of a resource hog, and a little prone to crashes. Also, a couple of Jasc's cool effects are MIA. And I just recently figured out how to save in animated GIF format, it's just layer conversion by time frames. And besides, why use Flash? It's too expensive to buy, too hard to find a free copy, and too difficult to figure out how to use should you put the money, time, and effort required to get the program. Did I mention I'm lazy?

Frog Brew
02-15-2007, 03:12 AM
If you did make it with flash you could convert it to a different format to save space on your site. It wouldn't be that difficult to make, export as flash, and use a program to convert it to gif. We did that freshman year in highschool.

Seems to me every time you convert you lose resolution and quality. Just an observation.

Bat 21
04-30-2007, 01:29 AM
Image Ready ships with Photoshop. I hate it, though. Could be that.

After no response and type of question (considering any program could make it), I suspect the post as spam to promote his site using the banner.

No, not spam or promotion (you can tell by that site's web counter, LOL), been in and out of the hosp and heavy meds. Clouds are thinning enough to try and do something with those web sites now. And this post had been long-forgotten until I just googled, looking for the same answer. Thanks for the responses, it's apparently photoshop exported.
CHEERS

djr33
04-30-2007, 07:05 AM
Ah, hey. No harm intended with the comment, but usually whe someone posts something containing a URL, then isn't heard from for weeks, it is spam.

Hope what we said was helpful.