PDA

View Full Version : Image download script

Bertes
01-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there is any script that can block my site users to use the right mouse button?:confused:
I already saw this script in some pages, when i tryed to use the right mouse button a window poped up sayiong that i couldnīt download those photos.

I am asking this because i have a photo gallery that would like to protect the photos not leting the users make them download.

Thanks in advance for your time. :p

mburt
01-04-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm sorry, but there's no reliable way to do this. Even if right-click is disabled (which is very hard to get full, and cross-browser) the user can use the Print Screen button on their computer to capture the images anyway.

My suggestion(s):
1) Pixelate your images, or use a filter to make the quality less - if you are selling them, and then when selling use full, clear images
2) If you are just putting them there for someone to put them, the user should be able to get the image somehow anyway.
3)Try a right-click script and if it works, it works. But print-screen still works.

There isn't really much you can do about this.

Bertes
01-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks Mike for your help :)

/hugs

mburt
01-04-2007, 11:19 AM
No problem.

Tine88
02-07-2007, 06:08 PM
The best thing to do is put a copyright sign on your pictures.
+ Javascript let's you enable a rightmouseclick very easily ;) .
It's very easy to do.
Browse around at Google (http://www.google.be/search?q=javascript+enable+right+mouse+click&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:nl:official&client=firefox-a)

djr33
02-07-2007, 06:22 PM
There are so many methods, some of which cannot be stopped, that there is no point in doing this.
You'll only stop the stupid thieves; the ones that know what they are doing will just laugh and keep stealing your images.

To name a few methods:
1. print screen (this ALWAYS works, except in one complex case, but there are workarounds... I don't feel like getting into it right now. But it involves saving the image as a quicktime movie.. already a hassle. And as I said, workarounds.)
2. looking at the source code (which can't be blocked, ever...)
3. dragging the image to the desktop in some browsers.
4. cached images (very difficult to block this, if not impossible)
5. turning javascript off, if it's a purely javascript block on saving them.

If you put something on the web, it can and might be stolen. You should put a copyright notice up (though this is just a deterrent... it's copyrighted the moment you created it, or whoever did, if not you) and/or use lower quality/distorted/watermarked images as a preview. Up to you.