PDA

View Full Version : mm_menu 20MAR2002 Version 6.0 doesnt work in FF, but ok in IE & Opera

multichild
01-03-2007, 10:06 AM
I am a new developer looking at somebody elses work, and im looking at the jscript menu as in the title.

It seems to be working fine in IE and Opera but doesnt work in FF.

Can anybody help?

Lee

jscheuer1
01-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Well, unless you are experienced in javascript or have someone to do the work for you who is, the best idea would be to simply find a similar menu that works in the desired browsers. Even if you have the skills or someone with them to assist you, replacement may still be the easiest route. If you do have the skills or the aid of a javascript coder who knows his or her stuff fairly well, converting the menu may not be all that hard. From what you describe it sounds as though the major problem would be the use of the proprietary IE (also supported in Opera) document.all in place of document.getElementById but, this might not be the case or, if it is, there could be other script objects that would need to be upgraded as well.

Added Later: I just found a copy of this menu at:

http://www.koders.com/javascript/fid386B3DFC0FFE18391436C0E4B41FCA7583BDFF2D.aspx?s=mm_menu

At first blush, it looks as though it should work with FF. If it does not, upgrading it might be more difficult that I at first thought. However, you may not have the full version in your inherited code, in which case, upgrading to this version might fix it.