PDA

View Full Version : Fade-in Slide Show not working in Nestscape

dmweber
02-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi all,

I've just added the Fade-in Script to a web page. I works perfectly in IE but when I view it in Netscape 7, I get a small box with a red X and the cell in which the image is supposed to be in, moves right to left in kind of a jerky motion.

I'm also looking for a simple password prompt where a user can click on a button link and the password prompt would pop up.

Can someone assist me?

Thank you.

ddadmin
02-05-2005, 07:22 PM
The "x" usually means the path to your images inside the script is incorrect. The fact that it works in IE and not NS tells me you're most likely using local paths, like c:\myimages\slide1.gif etc. Try changing it to absolute paths, such as http://mysite.com/slide1.gif

dmweber
02-06-2005, 02:14 AM
Thank you for responding. You are absolutely correct. I'm using a local path as the site has not yet been published. May I ask why IE can see the images and Netscape cannot? It see everything else on the page.

Thank you,
Daisy

ddadmin
02-06-2005, 02:24 AM
Well, it's mainly due to the different format for local paths in IE and Netscape. I can't remember which is which, but one of them for example requires "file:" to prefix any local path. The most reliable way is still to use absolute paths.

dmweber
02-06-2005, 02:25 AM
Thank you so much for your help. You've been extremely helpful.