PDA

View Full Version : help with Lightbox

Wassouf
12-31-2006, 12:05 PM
1) Script Title: Lightbox Image viewer

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox/index.htm

3) Describe problem: Hi, I tried to apply this to my website but it didn't work at all. I'm sure I have applied it to my HTML files correctly.
When I clicked the image it simply open the enlarged image in a new window like any other linked image.

Can someone please help me please?

Thanks,
Wassouf

jscheuer1
12-31-2006, 07:46 PM
So often folks are sure they've installed correctly when they haven't. Also, it could be a conflict with another script (if any) on your page. Or, some other aspect of your setup could be causing this. More than one problem may exist.

A link to your problem page is the best way to tell for sure. Any additional information you could provide about the problem may help as well.

Wassouf
01-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Hello,

Thanks for your response,
You can view it here:

http://www.xenondesigns.com/testing/products.html

(click on the last image at the bottom and it will just take you to another broswer, I expected the lightbox to work but it didn't).

FYI All the lightbox files are located in the root (main) directory.

Hope you can help, I am also willing to give you access to kindly repair it for me.

Thanks again,
Wassouf

jscheuer1
01-02-2007, 05:36 PM
There are a number of problems with your page as often happens when one mixes a WYSIWYG editor, third part scripts and perhaps editing with a text editor. Going into all of them is a bit beyond the scope of your question. The answer to your question is that there is a script conflict due to the body onload event. If it is changed to include the lightbox initialization command, the Lightbox script will work (addition red):

onLoad="initLightbox();MM_preloadImages('images/left1active.gif','images/left31.gif','images/a.products.gif','images/a.home.gif','images/a.contact.gif')">

Wassouf
01-02-2007, 07:27 PM
jscheuer1, you are a legend. Many Thanks for your efforts. :)