PDA

View Full Version : Omni-slide have top menu slide as well

atlanteay
12-31-2006, 12:32 AM
i have a question about the omnislide script.
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/omnislide/index.htm

how can i make the top menu to slide with the scroll bar as well? and what would the code be for having an image as the menu background? sorry, i just started coding yesterday with the help of dreamweaver.

jscheuer1
12-31-2006, 08:03 PM
Could you be more specific? The top menu already slides along with the scroll bar so as to always be available to the user.

atlanteay
01-01-2007, 02:51 AM
not on my layout it doesn't. I must've done something wrong in the coding but that doesn't matter now. The main thing is that i want to know the string for setting the bg of the menu to an image instead of colors.

on every string with keepinview, i set it to true. However, the top menu just won't slide along in IE7 but it works with firefox. That shouldn't be right since the demo worked with IE7 but not my layout. Also, in the properties.htm that came along with the package, it says the Top Menu will ALWAYS follow the screen no matter where i scroll. So this is really pissing me off because if it will always do that, and i haven't editted anything except the menu items, why won't it move?

jscheuer1
01-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Well, that's not done with a single property and there are various ways to do it. I'll outline two ways. One way would be to simply set the desired background images for the menu's links in the style section. This will only assign a background image to the links and, it will be used by each link individually.

Another way would be to set the allowtransparent property to true for that menu:

allowtransparent:true,

Then in your style section put something like so:

#menuid table {
background-image:url('some.gif');
}

where menuid is the id property you have assigned to that menu. Like any background image, it will not show through other elements above it that have background, so the background styles must be removed from that menu's links and/or headings. The link styles are on the page (background colors you can remove, highlighted):

#menu1 a {color:black;background-color:white;text-decoration:none;text-indent:1ex;}
#menu1 a:active {color:black;text-decoration:none;}
#menu1 a:hover {color:black;background-color:#FFFF99}
#menu1 a:visited {color:black;text-decoration:none;}

The heading background-color is set by property, make it transparent:

hdingbgcolor:'transparent',

Finally, if the draw bar is to allow the background image for the table to show through, use:

barbgcolor:'transparent',

vkbarefoot
03-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Thank you for this info ... been struggling for a couple of hours ... missed the connection on the page .... thanks ... viki