PDA

View Full Version : need help linking Dynamic-FX Slide-In Menu

mt2005pa
12-30-2006, 01:07 AM
Hi I am very new at this. And I dont even know if what Im looking to do is possible but here goes. I am looking to ad Dynamic-FX Slide-In Menu to my site. My site is one page so needless to say it is very long. In stead of using the menu to link to individual pages I want the menu options to link to particular areas withing one page. Is there any way to add text links into the menu to target specific words to redirect people to specific area on the page and how do i do that? Please help. I have used the slide in menu on a multi page web site but not a single page site.

Thanks for any advice.

jscheuer1
12-30-2006, 08:10 AM
Yes. It would help if you understood the use of named anchors but, that is pretty simple. You are probably used to seeing linked anchors:

<a href="somepage.htm">Some Page</a>

If you click on this it will take you to somepage.htm if it is available. A named anchor is like so:

<a name="news"></a>News:

Notice that the text can (and often should) be outside of the tag. This anchor is not for clicking on but, for navigating to. It's URL is the page name plus:

#news

If the link to it is on the page, #news is all you need.

Getting back to your question, if you have a named anchor like that on your page, you can edit the ssmItems.js file to link to it:

ssmItems[1]=["News", "#news", ""]

Clicking on the News link in the menu will scroll the page so that the:

<a name="news"></a>News:

anchor is in view.

One thing to keep in mind, if the anchor is already in view, the page may jump a little or do nothing. The only time this does anything reliable is when the named anchor isn't visible in the window when the link to it is clicked.

mt2005pa
12-30-2006, 04:39 PM
thanks ill try it