PDA

View Full Version : Lightbox desn't work for me

JonS
12-27-2006, 03:24 AM
1) Script Title: Lightbox

2) Script URL (on DD): www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I am trying to get lightbox working with a imagemap. I have installed Lightbox as directed. Here is a snippit of code I am using:

<area alt="Architechtural" coords="363, 66, 459, 180" shape="rect" href="http://davidhubler.com/arch1/Gate2Adjusted.jpg" rel="lightbox">

When I click on the image, the full-size image opens in the window. I never see a loading image at all. I have the imagemap working without the lightbox, but I really like the effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jon

(here is the tricky/strange part. I am handcoding this in a Joomla CMS site, if any one knows what I am talking about)

codeexploiter
12-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Can you provide a link to your site so that it would be easy for the forum users to troubleshoot the problem.

jscheuer1
12-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Lightbox works by initializing links (<a></a> tags) on the page once it has loaded. It knows which links to initialize by looking at each link tag and because they have the rel="lightbox" attribute. Using an image map, you have areas tags, not link tags. The script isn't looking at area tags.

The script would need to be modified to look at area tags during initialization but, this might not be all that is required. Image maps can get very tricky at times. People think that their area tags should work just like a tags but, they do not always do so, even when otherwise written identically to a given a tag and even when selected by a script in the same manner as a given a tag.