PDA

View Full Version : Updating MS Access Data Base

dsmithmcse
12-24-2006, 02:24 PM
I have inherited a web site that has a MS Access database for members to signup, the database is quite simple. I am wondering if there is a way "using html forms to post additions to the MS Access database. Some of the fields of the Db table are, f_name, l_name, e_Mail, addr, city, state, zip, etc., etc.. The name of the DB is mem_reg. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

codeexploiter
12-27-2006, 04:11 AM
Are you looking for a way to update the content which is stored in the database/table(s) or a way using which you want to change the structure of the table based on the inputs from the user over web?

You can update the content of a table in a MS Access database using some server-side scripting.

But if you want to change the structure of table(s) based on the inputs of users through web it is possible but i don't think it is an efficient way of doing it.

dsmithmcse
12-28-2006, 02:47 PM
I am looking for a way to update the content of the Table.

Thanks for the reply

codeexploiter
12-29-2006, 04:01 AM
It is possible through any servr side scripting tool that allows the communication with an MS Access database. Here is a good tutorial (http://www.webwizguide.com/asp/tutorials/updating_data_from_database.asp) that covers the database operations via ASP.

Hope you can do whatever operation you want after covering the above mentioned tutorial.