PDA

View Full Version : HV menu not showing up

kenbo
02-03-2005, 05:53 PM
I am having problems implementing the HV menu script on http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/. I am working in FP 2003 and am want it to work in a frameset. it is set it up horizontally, and it's working fine with three tiers of menus in a single htm page. my problem is that when I plug it into a framed page that it does not show up when I preview the page.

referring to the install-frames.htm, I skipped step one, since frontpage already created the frameset for me. I then skipped 2(i) since as far as I can see it is asking to insert the exact same code as step one in install.htm, which I have already done. in 2(ii) I inserted the code

<body onload="javascript:{if(parent.frames[0]&&parent.frames['MyFrameOne'].Go)parent.frames['MyFrameOne'].Go()}">

into the page that currently fills my "main" frame. I replaced 'MyFrameOne' with the name of my navigation frame, 'menu'

I also went into my version of exmplmenu_var.js and put the appropriate frame names for firstlineframe, seclineframe, and doctargetframe.

I am not sure if something I skipped is coming back and biting me, or if I am missing something obvious, or ??

I appreciate any assistance.

thanks, kenbo

kenbo
02-03-2005, 11:45 PM
I believe I have resolved the issue. it was a combination the MenuFramesVertical and StartTop variables. the menu was showing up, but too far down in the frame to be seen, and then it was showing up as a vertical frame even though it was horizontal in the source page. so all is well for the moment.

thanks, kenbo