PDA

View Full Version : How to display more than 1 RSS item at a time with RSS Ticker?

outons
12-23-2006, 12:05 PM
1) Script Title: Advanced RSS Ticker

2) Script URL (on DD): http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/rsstickerajax/index.htm

3) Describe problem: Ok i can make it display the news feeds from my own xml file one at a time just like on the demo on dynamicdrive. But how would i display for example 3 at the same time each one underneath the other. I think it will be something to do with the the page rssticker.js maybe you could try it on your own to see if you can do it. If anyone finds a way to do this please reply. Thanks:)

ddadmin
12-23-2006, 09:52 PM
Do you mean three instances of the RSS ticker script on the same page, each with different RSS sources? Or do you mean within a RSS ticker, display multiple RSS items at once, instead of the current 1 at a time?

outons
12-24-2006, 12:08 AM
This is what i mean:
Imagine the text below has a yellow box round it like on the dynamicdrive demo, these are the 3 different items all being displayed at the same time underneath each other, all from the same xml file:

KILLER IS ARRESTED
Today police caught a .....

MAN HAS HEAD OF A DOG
Man found in a cave with dogs...

JIM CAREY LIKE BALLOONS
Jim carey found to have balloon addiction...

These are 3 different items from the same xml file. This is just an example, then they should all fade out and the next 3 come in.

Any other questions please ask, i need help:rolleyes:

Not sure if this is possible? but thats me

ddadmin
12-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Ok, you mean the later. :) Currently that's not possible, though I can say this is not the first time it's been requested, so the next time the script is updated, it most likely will be added to the script.

outons
12-24-2006, 10:22 AM
How long till it gets updated?:(

ddadmin
12-25-2006, 04:28 AM
Realistically, I'd say in the next 3-4 weeks. I have at least a couple of scripts ahead of this one I need to get to updating first.