PDA

View Full Version : ajax content tabs

bobvaz
12-22-2006, 05:52 PM
1) Script Title: ajax content tab

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/

3) Describe problem: I am new to ajax.....and this may be simple. I have searched the forum for similar problems, but to no avail..I have downloaded the zip file and extracted the contents. I execute the demo and the first page looks great. I select the dog tab ( or any other) and instead of displaying in the container, it displays a whole new page with out tabs....I need to use the back arrow to get to demo page. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ddadmin
12-23-2006, 12:21 AM
What browser are you using? If you're using IE7, you'll need to upload the script to your site and run the demo online before it will work.

bobvaz
12-24-2006, 04:40 PM
I am using 7. However, I created a folder with the script and pages in my local server (apache). this is where the problem appears. Should something else be done?

ddadmin
12-25-2006, 07:34 AM
Local server should work in IE7, as long as its running properly. Did you make any changes to the script? Try to at least confirm that IE7 is the issue here by running the script in say, Firefox, and see if it works for you.

bobvaz
12-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Interesting.....and completely befuddling me....it works in firefox, but will not work in ie. made no changes to script running as downloaded from direct drive.

ddadmin
12-26-2006, 12:24 AM
Ok, as the final step, upload this script online (not localhost), and see if it works in IE7. If so, the problem is simply your localhost somehow not running propery as a web server, at least to IE7.

bobvaz
12-27-2006, 01:38 AM
same problem - so I used inline frames instead, but thanks for the help.