View Full Version : Simple Tree Menu - background images

bajanpoet
12-21-2006, 01:52 PM
1) Script Title:
Simple Tree Menu
2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/navigate1.htm
3) Describe problem:
I set up the Simple Tree Menu on my website using Frontpage. When I test it, the menu comes up as a simple unordered list (no icons) and when I Expand and Contract the menus, The open and close icons respectively suddenly show up behind the list item that's being expanded or contracted as a tiled background.

When I checked the simpletree.js file I found this code

ddtreemenu.buildSubTree=function(treeid, ulelement, index){
ulelement.parentNode.className="submenu"
if (typeof persisteduls[treeid]=="object"){ //if cookie exists (persisteduls[treeid] is an array versus "" string)
if (ddtreemenu.searcharray(persisteduls[treeid], index)){
ulelement.setAttribute("rel", "open")
ulelement.style.display="block"
ulelement.parentNode.style.backgroundImage="url("+ddtreemenu.openfolder+")"

The code that concerns me is in bold. This is the snippet that deals with expanded lists - there's similar code for contracted lists. The parent node's icon is a background image. Is that supposed to be like that? How do I get it to work like in the demo on the homepage?:confused:

timbo
02-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Hi there

did you ever find a solution to your problem with simpletreemenu? Im currently having the exac same problem. Was it that funny bit of javascript?

Thanks

Tim

bajanpoet
02-13-2007, 12:34 PM
No, I never got any answer to this problem. :eek: I believe that the part of the code that I put in bold is at fault, but I don't know how to fix it!

boxxertrumps
02-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Quite simply, don't use frontpage for web aps.

write your html pages yourself, with notepad or a similar text editor.

This Thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16592)should give more detail on frontpage.

and the script is fine. don't change it.

bajanpoet
02-13-2007, 06:20 PM
but it's the only way I can edit a Microsoft Sharepoint enabled site and still have full functionality...

Cathy
03-29-2007, 03:50 PM
It has just been reported to me that the "folder" image in the simpletree.css appears as a tiled background image in FireFox.

Why does the folder image gif have to be part of the background in the style sheet? I really like the expand and contract features of this ul, but the background image problem is a puzzler. It looks fine in IE and Netscape.

How can I fix this?