PDA

View Full Version : How do I set up this script?

holiks
12-19-2006, 06:29 PM
http://i17.tinypic.com/2wfiqnb.gif

shachi
12-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Please do not double post.

mwinter
12-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Why would you want to? Do you intend to annoy your visitors?

Mike

shachi
12-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Yea, seems so.

holiks
12-19-2006, 07:17 PM
(huh, why even ask such a question? Its a school project where you have to have an javascript effect to get a better grade in "javascript programming")

I thought as a newbie that this was a simple script to do but I apparently its not:confused:

shachi
12-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Well, it is a simple script but it's annoying. If this is just an effect(not for practical usage) it doesn't really matter but if you use it in your site or something your users are so going to be annoyed.

holiks
12-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Well, it is a simple script but it's annoying. If this is just an effect(not for practical usage) it doesn't really matter but if you use it in your site or something your users are so going to be annoyed.

The purpose of this homework isnt to produce a non-annoying either annoying script rather showing the teacher that you got the knowledge of doing a script like this.

BLiZZaRD
12-20-2006, 09:15 AM
There are several possibilities. One of the easiest is to set a visibility true/false.

When page loads have btn1 set to true, and btn2 and btn3 set to false.

use on mouseover events to set the next in line to true while turning current one off.

And yes, while it will annoy the average visitor, there can be a practical approach to doing such a thing.

One, a good joke site, these are always fun to trick your friends/visitors. Second, perhaps this would be a new(ish) way to block some bots from sending forms through your site? If worked correctly it could be very useful.

I am not very good with JS, so I can't give a code to do such a thing right off, but I will look into it if there isn't a plausable response soon.