PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Up Scrolling Images

ftbadolato
12-19-2006, 06:11 PM
1) I am using Left-Right image slideshow Script.

2) http://www.backexperts.com/devl/

3) I need to make the images scroll faster. How can I do that?

Thanks in advance!

ftbadolato
12-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Sorry, I did not understand the posting instructions properly I guess. the URL for the script I am trying to alter is:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/leftrightslide2.htm

ddadmin
12-19-2006, 10:35 PM
The scroll speed is governed by:

1) How many pixels the image moves per interval
2) The interval between each move (ie: setTimeout("move4(scrollerdiv2)",50))

You can try changing 2) first. Just do a search and replace for "50" in the script, and replace that with a lower number, say, "10"

jscheuer1
12-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Everything looks slower (to the eye) with those wider images that you are using.

Much older browsers (like v 4 and older) will probably have trouble with faster speeds but, these browsers aren't in wide use any longer and would probably have even greater problems with other parts of your page. To speed it up, you can change the time out values. There are 4 of them:

setTimeout("move1(tlayer)",50)

setTimeout("move2(tlayer2)",50)

setTimeout("move3(tdiv)",50)

setTimeout("move4(scrollerdiv2)",50)

The first two are only for certain of these very old browsers, so, leave them alone. The last two (red) cover the rest of the very old browsers and all of the newer ones. Change those 50's to 40's, 20's, 35's, anything 10 or greater. For evenness, set them both to the same value. Use whatever value looks good to you.

ftbadolato
12-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Thank you very much!

Is it bad to use a number lower than 10?

jscheuer1
12-20-2006, 11:49 PM
Thank you very much!

Is it bad to use a number lower than 10?

10 should be pretty darn fast. But, technically, you could use 0 or any positive number. These are numbers of milliseconds to pause between incremental movements. Modern software and computers can usually handle such small slices. Folks browsing with legacy browsers and/or computers will not see a pretty sight. The higher the number that you can use and still have it look OK to you, the better.