PDA

View Full Version : Need help with code!!

jsilva
02-01-2005, 01:43 PM
I am currently working on a site for a realtor. I am integrating a IDX system.
The way it works is I add "header code" and "footer code" to the idx program. The IDX data is contained in a single <table>. When I add my code is "wraps" around the IDX Table. The page isnt displaying right.

I cant figuere out the fix? Here is the link to the page:
http://www.mlsb.com/mls/search.cfm?cid=2655

If any one can help I will be Indebted!!!!
THX-Jason

darco9x2
02-01-2005, 10:11 PM
i dont understand, it looks fine to me.

philqqq
09-01-2005, 07:15 AM
Hello jsilva,

I really need your expertise on mls idx. This sound so confusing. I checked out your site and it looks awesome. Can you please tell me how to integrate mls idx on a website? If is not too much time, can you give me some steps you took to complete your mls idx site? Thanks in advance.

jsilva
09-01-2005, 12:25 PM
It's actually pretty easy.

I would recommend using this company for there IDX:
www.ihomefinder.com

If your using dreamweaver, just create the webpage leaving the area for the main content empty. Then go to your IDX system and copy and paste the code right before the "empty space" and right after the empty space. You'll see what I mean when you sign up. They supply you with all the links you need for the various pages they produce.

Basically what I did was just sign up and read through everything. It's not hard at all...I was having problems because Firefox and IE render the <br> tag differently so things on my pages looked funky in Firefox.

Good Luck..
-JSilva

philqqq
09-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Many thanks jsilva. That's pretty easy, but I read somewhere that we can download (ftp) a CSV file of the MLS listing and import it into our own database? Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to do some research on this subject. I was hoping Google would help, but it seem to return mostly mls/idx products on it search results.