PDA

View Full Version : Prevent flash playing onload

glucarelli
12-10-2006, 02:04 PM
I've included an external swf to a website.
Is there a parameter (or other way) to add inside <object> tag to prevent playing swf onload and make it play only if the user click inside the window animation ?
I've tried <param name="play" value="false"> didn't work

Any advice would be helpfull

yrrot
12-10-2006, 02:26 PM
As far as I know, flash movie will need to have a stop(); action in the first frame of the first scene in order to not play right away, regardless of what the parameters say in the <object> tag. Additionally, a button hotspot would need to be added over the entire flash movie that initates the play(); command when the viewer clicks on it. I'm not sure that you can do anything about it without owning the original .fla file.

on (release){
play();
}

A possible work around would be to try and screenshot the first frame of the flash movie and make a static image out of it. Then try to find a script that "swaps" content on a click. Put the static image on your page and have it "swap" to the flash content when the viewer clicks.

That's just me brainstorming. I don't know if there's a script that will do the swap thing, but it's all I can think of.

Good luck!

BLiZZaRD
12-11-2006, 08:25 AM
Depending on your Flash version, when you publish the fla into an swf there is an option on the flash tab to pause at start.

then all you need is a button to start playing on press or release.

glucarelli
12-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks for yours answers.

I didn't have the .fla source of the .swf file but i have the .sqf source (Sothink Quicker).

Depending on your Flash version, when you publish the fla into an swf there is an option on the flash tab to pause at start.

then all you need is a button to start playing on press or release.

Is there a way to convert .sqf file to .fla or a similar option in Sothink to pause at start as BLiZZaRD wrote ?

BLiZZaRD
12-11-2006, 12:17 PM
You can try a decompiler. Sothink makes one. Although you will have to battle the "ethical" question.

If you bought this file, you can always contact the maker and explain what you want to do and they should either send you the fla OR at the very least do the fix for you.

There are other ways but they don't work in all browsers and rarly at all other wise.

glucarelli
12-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Thank you BLiZZaRD

Solved my problem,i've found how to add a button to start the animation in the .sqf file.

BLiZZaRD
12-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Congrats!

If you have a link to the tut or site where you got your information, may be worth posting for others coming after you to help them answer the question :D

glucarelli
12-19-2006, 05:40 AM
Just learned how to add a button in Sothink Quicker with the .sqf file i was thinking .sqf langage was different than .fla but it's very similar :)