PDA

View Full Version : chossing the right script?

darkestsky
01-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Hello ,
I am a newbie in designing web sites and i need advice. I would have a drop down menu for which i have custom images (for each menu item).

I would like to know the best possible way to attach the dynamic html script to each of my files. I have more than 20 Jsp files scattered and would need to update all of them, i believe. But my problem is that they are not at the same directory level.

I tried including the script from <@include tag .. but for each level , i had to change the link to my images (used for buttons in the menu) and and file.

this shoudl have some definitive way to design in a website and i would love to know how?

thanks in advance.

ddadmin
01-31-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm not familiar with JSP, though if it supports SSI (server side includes) as do Linux servers, including the same script on multiple pages is very easy. For more info on SSI, see: http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/externalhtml3.shtml

darkestsky
02-04-2005, 04:02 PM
thanks , i tried that but i made a mess out of it already ..
actually the header file contains link to jpeg which are in a certain directory structure. So if i indlude img/link.jpeg at one header page for the next pages i need to include ../img/link.jpeg which is makin life hectic :(

any suggestions ?