PDA

View Full Version : Installing MySQL

tomyknoker
12-06-2006, 03:20 AM
Hi All,

I have always just had MySQL on servers I have dealt with, so I've logged into the web host control panel and have been able to add users and databases from there, either on the hosts control panel or by PHPMyAdmin. On the particular server I am working with, the server is housed on the premises. So they don't really have a control panel all they have given me are the details for InstaGate EX... Any ideas how I can use this to:

a) See if MySQL is on the system
b) Add databases to it

codeexploiter
12-06-2006, 04:07 AM
InstaGate EX

Firewall details!! interesting :confused:

tomyknoker
12-06-2006, 04:11 AM
Yea sorry, I'm confused too... DOes this mean the server has no control panel and I can only install things via ssh?

codeexploiter
12-06-2006, 04:19 AM
You need to access your web publishing folder or the folder that suppose to hold the web pages and other necessary items that runs your site that includes the database you are using to store your details.

So the server people should provide a meaningful method for access the above mentioned location.

The normal method is Control Panel using which the user can perform some predefined actions. But in your case they haven't mentioned nothing that sort, right?

Without that information/method i fear it is difficult from your point to do the site management. You can contact them and sort this out with their tech support team.

Twey
12-06-2006, 12:08 PM
DOes this mean the server has no control panel and I can only install things via ssh?Possibly. Is that a problem?