PDA

View Full Version : Change URL dynamically using Ajax

buzz3878
11-30-2006, 04:09 AM
1) Script Title: Ajax Tabs Content script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I am having some trouble trying to get this script to work correctly on a web site I am working on. The site that I am working on has a side vertical image (gif) based navigation bar that has mouseover, mouseout and change image when clicked on Javascript functions for each menu item. The way that I have the links setup for the side navigation bar is with <map name="image_map"> and the various <area> .... <area> tags for each menu item that is being hovered over, hovered out or selected by clicking and ending with a </map> tag. I am having trouble trying to get the ajaxtabs.js file to actually load the href values from within each <area...> to load the specified URL page dynamically inside the <div..> </div> tags as it should be. Instead, it loads the page in it's own window. How can I get this Javascript file to work with the <map> and <area> tags instead of the <ul> <li>...</li> </ul> tags.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.