View Full Version : How to change the size of animated gif?

11-28-2006, 07:21 AM
How can i change the size of animated gif images? Or the only way is do it in html? Thks.

11-28-2006, 08:21 AM
your title says "animal gif" heh.

You could just include them in an img element, and change the width/height properties to the right size. However, this doesn't change loading times and will distort the image as well as rely on the browser's not-quite-so-good scaling abilities, so it will likely appear blocky.

Aside from that, you need an image editor that supports gifs.

Search download.com (or google) for "gif animator"... I believe there's a program called exactly that, if I remember correctly...

12-01-2006, 01:27 AM
I use adobe image ready which comes with photoshop. If it's just one image you want adjusting by all means email it to me and I'll do it for you.

12-01-2006, 03:42 AM
sure, but only if you already have photoshop... it's a big investment to just resize one gif ;)
(I do have PS, and I gotta say I hate image ready... for a few reasons. The main one is its terrible animation settings/format/views... ew.)

Animation Shop which comes with Paint Shop Pro is nice... I think the price tag is around $89, not like $400 or whatever Photoshop is. I'm still using PSP v5, and it works great. Ebay it :p

Anyway, though, for a practical matter, just use download.com... it's easy, free and lots of options if one doesn't work.

12-04-2006, 02:52 AM
You can upload and do many things at
gifworks (http://www.gifworks.com/cgi-bin/gifworks.pl?com=transfer_open)

And then not have to worry about corrupting your original

12-04-2006, 07:54 AM
And then not have to worry about corrupting your originaler... save as?