PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Tabs Content script

buzz3878
11-27-2006, 01:35 AM
1) Script Title: Ajax Tabs Content script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I actually do not have a problem with this script. I just have a how to question about it. I would like to perform the same function as the tabs where when you click on a tab, it will load an external html page into the specified <div> location. The question I have is, how do I perform the same function using only gif images instead of text based tabs. In other words, I am working on a church site that has a vertical menu bar at the left with 8 gif files for each of the page links. Each of the 8 categories has three separate gif files, one for hovering over each of the selections and another for when someone clicks on the menu item to select that page (when first loaded, the Welcome image contains the wording "Welcome" in a gold type color while the rest of the links appear white to indicate that the Welcome page is the current page loaded. When the mouse cursor is hovering over each menu item, the lettering changes to a light blue color and when the menu is selected it changes the image to the one with the gold colored lettering while the others remain with the white lettering. As you can see, it currently performs the function that I want it to, but every time when a menu item is clicked, the whole entire web page has to reload all of the information including the menu image selections. I would like to incorporate the Ajax capabilities where it only reloads the actual page contents that is being selected from the side menu bar and not the entire page and images). In essence, I would like to replace the text based tabs with the gif image files to perform the hover over and select so that the images will change dynamically on the same page. If you would like to see the menu bar I am speaking of, you can go to the site: http://www.rc.net/camden/stteresa
Any help in how to code this would be greatly appreciated. I have been working on this now for a good 3 to 4 weeks with no success.
Thanks for your time and patience.