PDA

View Full Version : Iframe scroll bar help!

calumcc
11-21-2006, 04:29 PM
Hi,

I am having problems with removing horizontal scrollbars within an iframe.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-3453.html

If you take a look at that thread elswhere, bigguysf has given 4 steps to remove the horizontal scrollbar in three browsers.

I am using IE and FF at the moment, and after using the 4 steps described in the above thread, IE is fine, with only a vertical scroll bar present.

However in FF, there is no vertical scroll bar, only a horizontal one, which i do not want and which is useless anyway, as the iframe content page is smalled than the iframe, so a user could not scroll horizontally.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i have been searching for days and cannot find anything!!

Thanks!

calumcc
11-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Hi,

Sorted problem out now.

For those who have the same problem i found this which helped me and sorted out the various browser issues when no other solution worked, and believe me i tried many.

"If you had the problem to create an iframe with only vertical scrolling and you don't know hot to make it read the following lines.
to have only vertical scrolling you must insert into the tag <iframe> this code:
style="overflow-x: hidden;"
So, if for example you want to create an iframe with a width of 200px and with only vertcal scrolling, you must write:
<iframe width="200" style="overflow-x: hidden;">"

Inserting the overflow attribute into the iframe code is what worked for me.

sweetbajan
12-01-2006, 10:31 AM
thanks soo much.. u fixed my problem !