PDA

View Full Version : Pausing UpDown Scroller Missing Text

michaelfaith
11-17-2006, 02:59 AM
1) Pausing Up-Down Message Scroller

2) http://www.pinecrestbaptist.org/temp/index.html

3) setting up the script was relatively easy. i used a current css file for the text declarations and added the new code at the bottom...no problem. but as you can see (in IE only) the text is half missing in the box. i tried every fix i found in the forums (there are many) with no luck. i found out i could make every other item working correctly if i changed one of the lines in the script:

document.write('<div id="'+divId+'" class="'+divClass+'" style="position: relative; overflow: hidden"><div class="innerDiv" style="position: absolute; width: 100%" id="'+divId+'1">'+content[0]+'<\/div><div class="innerDiv" style="position: absolute; width: 100%; visibility: hidden" id="'+divId+'2">'+content[1]+'<\/div><\/div>')

if you change the second "position" parameter to relative instead of absolute, every other item displays correctly and the others are cut in half again. if you also change the 3rd position parameter to relative, it centers all the items but the odd ones are stacked ontop of the even ones. i've been looking at this for a couple of hours and it's driving me nuts.

help.

michaelfaith
11-17-2006, 08:54 PM
man that took some looking, but i finally found the fix i had to change the line in the javascript from:

document.write('<div id="'+divId+'" class="'+divClass+'" style="position: relative; overflow: hidden"><div class="innerDiv" style="position: absolute; width: 100%" id="'+divId+'1">'+content[0]+'<\/div><div class="innerDiv" style="position: absolute; width: 100%; visibility: hidden" id="'+divId+'2">'+content[1]+'<\/div><\/div>')

to this:

document.write('<div id="'+divId+'" class="'+divClass+'" style="position: relative; overflow: hidden"><div class="innerDiv" style="position: absolute; left: 3; width: 100%" id="'+divId+'1">'+content[0]+'<\/div><div class="innerDiv" style="position: absolute; left: 3; width: 100%; visibility: hidden" id="'+divId+'2">'+content[1]+'<\/div><\/div>')

found a similar (but not exact) fix on another thread.