PDA

View Full Version : A question

tom133
11-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Hi guys.
I have searched a lot for some script which will make possibility to auto install software.
A good example is when you try to download msn messenger and there starts autoinstaller online.

Can somebody please tellme how can i make something like this?
Or where can i find this script?
I am looking to have an online installer like msn messenger.
ex. if user clikc at the link, it will not bee prompted to save the file in his harddrive but the download will start automaticaly and he will see one progress bar.
Also an good example is if you try to download flash player.
There will start an progress bar which will show you downloading progress and after downloading automatically opens the installer.

djr33
11-16-2006, 09:13 AM
1. Security issues.... if this were possible, so would be sending lots and lots of viruses.
2. This is with ActiveX, which is Internet Explorer only. Makes sense since MSN is a microsoft product. Java applets can also do similar things. Both require the authorization of the user, so it's not "automatic," but rather "automatic after consent."
3. Complex... very complex.
4. Post a better title. "A question". Yeah... duh. If you tell us what the question is, it'll help us help you better, and be able to find this thread later better, help others searching etc.

So.... my question... why is it so important? It seems like more work than is worth it, really.

tom133
11-16-2006, 01:35 PM
So, anywone can help me? is that thing really impossible?

djr33
11-16-2006, 10:47 PM
It's not impossible.
It's just very complex.
As I said... it's activex. look into that. Or perhaps java, though not sure to what extent java can install things on the client's computer.
I don't know how to use either, sorry.

Note: javascript and java are totally different. In the sense of java on a webpage, i am talking about a java applet.