PDA

View Full Version : Graphics doesn't display

vittigo
11-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Hi all.

I've got following problem. I observed that when my webpage is first time opened in Firefox on a new computer browser doesn;t displays graphics i used in list items for unordered lists. Other graphics is displayed normally. After refreshing the page graphics appears in lists, and after it gets cached, problem doesn't longer exists.

What causes it?? and what is a solution??

Thanks in advance

codeexploiter
11-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Without a link or the source code it would be difficult to troubleshoot problems like this.

BLiZZaRD
11-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Link to problem page? <edit> codeex is faster than I, :D </edit>

vittigo
11-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Here comes the link www.tpg.org.pl (http://www.tpg.org.pl) it is all about those red triangles used in list. :) What you say??

the-disturbed
11-12-2006, 03:55 AM
:eek: OW MY EYES, that CSS is a mess, but you're using gif's, i dunno how relavent that is but i heard that gifs are no nos in web design, FF seems to be alot stricter then IE when it comes to displaying things (the bullets load fine tyhe first time in IE) try converting the to JPGs

Twey
11-12-2006, 12:48 PM
i heard that gifs are no nos in web designWhere on Earth did you hear that nonsense? While GIFs are less useful (only 256 colours minus one for transparency, and no alpha transparency support) and often larger in filesize than alternatives such as PNG, there are still uses for which they are the best choice (animation, for example, or in cases where gamma-correction may mess up the web page's style). Now that patents on GIFs have expired in all countries (as far as we're aware), there's no longer a reason to avoid them.

I was unable to reproduce the problem [Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-GB; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061024 BonEcho/2.0].

vittigo
11-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Hi Twey!!
It's a good news you wasn't able to reproduce problem. As long as i tested it i observed it for Firefox 1.5.0.x PL only. So maybe it's a browser bug?? During the first opening the page pictures get cached but aren't display. Second time everything is all right. Strange thing.

Twey
11-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Possibly so. Try in Fx2 and see if you experience the same issue.