PDA

View Full Version : How do I insert tab content script into webpage?

mrjokers
11-09-2006, 03:04 AM
Hello, I finally found the perfect script for the website that I am developing and was trying to insert it into my page. The script is the Tab Content Script from http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/tabcontent.htm.

It says to download the files, which I did (copied the script into a notepad file), and then I tested out the script in a blank new notepad .html page with only the script in it (downloaded files in the same folder). It worked!

Then I took my .html web page file that is in dreamweaver and opened it up in dreamweaver. I inserted the script into the head and the script into the body. I put the dreamweaver file into the same folder as the .css and the .js files and tried it out. It didn't work. All it did was make the css tab script a list of plain text and links.

I figured some kind of script in my webpage may be interfering with the tab script so I copied the page source code of the entire dynamic drive http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/tabcontent.htm page into dreamweaver. I then tried to insert the tab script into it. It still came up as plain text and links.

How can I make it actually work? Please help!

jscheuer1
11-10-2006, 06:23 AM
I'd suggest taking a copy of your ".html web page file that is in dreamweaver" from before you attempted to put anything from the script on it, open it up in notepad and follow the installation instructions from the demo page, then view it in your browser, not dreamweaver. If it still doesn't work, you may just be having trouble understanding the instructions or dreamweaver may have created your existing page in a way that is not compatible with the script's typical installation method. In either case, the next step would be to post a demo of your code or - better yet - a link to a live version of the problem page.

mrjokers
11-10-2006, 08:06 PM
okay, I figured it out. If you save the document with the tab script in dreamweaver, the code doesn't work. You have to save it in notepad and it will work.

Thanks a lot for your advice. It's appreciated.

tech_support
11-11-2006, 04:28 AM
If you save the document with the tab script in dreamweaver, the code doesn't work. You have to save it in notepad and it will work.

Most likely that you done something wrong, not Dreamweaver.

jscheuer1
11-11-2006, 04:45 AM
If you save the document with the tab script in dreamweaver, the code doesn't work. You have to save it in notepad and it will work.

Most likely that you done something wrong, not Dreamweaver.

Well, that is assuming that just using dw isn't 'dw doing something wrong'.

;)