PDA

View Full Version : Slow down RSSpausescroller

cgrucelski
11-05-2006, 11:27 PM
1) Script Title: Pausing RSS Scroller

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/rsspausescroller/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I have successfully implemented the Pausing RSS Scroller on my web site and I LOVE it... it is just what I was looking for! One question I have though: Is there any way to SLOW DOWN the actual scrolling? I know how to increase/decrease the time between RSS feed transitions, but I was wondering if there was any easy way to slow down the scrolling.

Thanks in advance.

ddadmin
11-06-2006, 01:18 AM
Just find the line:

setTimeout(function(){scrollerinstance.animateup()}, 50)

inside the .js file, and change 50 to a larger number. 50 represents every 50 miliseconds btw:

setTimeout(function(){scrollerinstance.animateup()}, 150)

for example.

cgrucelski
11-06-2006, 01:29 AM
Sweet! Eactly what I was looking for, Thanks!

cgrucelski
11-06-2006, 10:59 PM
I probably should ask this in a new post, but it is related to the same script, so here goes:

I would like to increase the amount of time before the RSSpausescroller times out while trying to retrieve the feed. I see the following lines in the code that I think are probably what I am looking for, but I don't necessarily know exactly which number to change:

if (typeof rsscontentdata[this.tickerid]=="undefined" && this.number_of_tries<40){ //if JS array holding RSS content not yet loaded
this.number_of_tries++
setTimeout(function(){scrollerinstance.do_onjsload()}, 200) //recheck
}

I assume the number that needs to be changed is either the 40 or the 200. Can anyone help?

Thanks again in advance...

ddadmin
11-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Hi:
Yes, though you'd just change 40 in this case to a larger number, such as 80. The "200" just determines the interval between checking, not the number of times.

cgrucelski
11-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Perfect... thanks for the quick help! (man, I love this site!)