PDA

View Full Version : Flash Scratchy

tomyknoker
11-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Hi All,

I am trying to make a scratchy, I've done all the animation but can't get my head around making it reveal... File is attached for anyone who's interested!

Thanks!

BLiZZaRD
11-03-2006, 07:45 AM
I assume you are doing something similar to a lottery ticket or the "Shave the Yetti" thing, yes?

I can't look at your file from work. Are you using a premade AS code or something you wrote yourself?

tomyknoker
11-03-2006, 08:42 AM
oh yea it's really simple it's actually just a movie clip that exposes the scratchy once they clickm because I have to make sure that people scratch all of it... this seems like the simplest way... I just can't get teh mask to work! :confused:

BLiZZaRD
11-03-2006, 08:49 AM
OHHH... thats pretty simple (depending on where you are having difficulties)

If you have the mask there so the scratchy isn't visible, make the mask layer (mask itself) a motion tween with a stop(); on the first frame, then when user clicks just use AS to tell mask to gotoAndPlay("famelabel") of the next frame in the mask layer.

If your not able to see the mask, make sure the mask layer is UNDER the layer you want masked, and you select the mask option from the layer to be masked, NOT the mask layer itself. Does that make sense?

tomyknoker
11-03-2006, 08:53 AM
yea does the ******* of a thing just doesn't wanna work!

BLiZZaRD
11-03-2006, 09:40 AM
I will try to make time when I get home to look at the file.

You could always forego the mask, and just use frame by frame animation to "scratch" instead of a mask...