PDA

View Full Version : Featured Content Slider Ajax Support

meetmandeep
10-25-2006, 07:15 PM
1) Script Title: Featured Content Slider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem: How hard would be to modify this script to use AJAX. I'm using Ajax Tabs Script right now and I would like the Featured Content Slider to show external pages instead of inline divs. Has anyone already done this? or can someone guide me? Thanks

ddadmin
10-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Actually I was thinking about this, though instead of the script loading a separate page for each featured content, it would just use Ajax to fetch a single external file containing all the featured contents. Each content would be defined similar to how it is now, via a special DIV tag that would divide each one, so they're still shown separately. Just curious, but which behavior would you prefer?

meetmandeep
10-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Actually I was thinking about this, though instead of the script loading a separate page for each featured content, it would just use Ajax to fetch a single external file containing all the featured contents. Each content would be defined similar to how it is now, via a special DIV tag that would divide each one, so they're still shown separately. Just curious, but which behavior would you prefer?

I would prefer specifiying a link for each seperate page since that wouldn't require the webmaster to create an additional page with all content combined. It also means that webmaster can add remove any link at any time without doing any more work. Lastly, it would be consistent with your others scripts such as Ajax Tabs where you simple link to an external page for each tab. Thanks very much for your quick reply...

meetmandeep
11-02-2006, 12:12 AM
ddadmin,
any thoughts on this? Are you working on this? Could you please update me...thanks so much

I'm eagerly wating to test it out :)

meetmandeep
11-02-2006, 12:16 AM
Sorry ddadmin,
I didn't check the scripts. It's already updated on 10/28 to include support for ajax. Let me try it...thanks a ton for your work.