PDA

View Full Version : Question...

fatedglory15
10-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Okay here's my question.

this is my website http://nhff.cutpage.com/graves

I am setting up a CMS for updated news articles etc. and I want the news.txt file to show up in the the center cell of the table, how do I get that to occur with php. I have done it before, i remember I was just a simple line of php. Also, I want to set up the links in my navagation bar for php, so I can just make the other pages plain, and I click the links and they show up in the same cell, with the same CSS. I dunno if that makes since, but i hope someone see's what I'm talking about.

Thanks

mburt
10-20-2006, 02:51 PM
<div align="center">
<?php
file_get_contents("file.txt");
?>
</div>

I'm not really sure what you mean when you say you want the the links in your navigation bar "for" php. :) Try to make your second question a bit more clear.

Twey
10-20-2006, 03:14 PM
You missed an echo :)

fatedglory15
10-20-2006, 10:06 PM
<div align="center">
<?php
?>
</div>

I'm not really sure what you mean when you say you want the the links in your navigation bar "for" php. :) Try to make your second question a bit more clear.

Hmm... I guess what I meant was, how to do I make the links show up in the center table, when I click them on my navagation bar, how do I add the code

is it like

<a href="main.php?pagename.htm>Link</a>

I can't remember if that's right? If so will that direct the center cell to that page, or will i need an Iframe, and have its target direct it to the iframe, so it doesn't ahve to reload the main sections?

thanks; I hope that helps with teh question.

djr33
10-20-2006, 10:25 PM
NOTE: "question" is a stupid title. Yes, we know you have a question. Put the question in the thread title so we'll be sure to look and help :)

fatedglory15
10-20-2006, 10:49 PM
I don't know what type of question, my question is persay. I didn't want to post a wrong topic and have people come in here to try and help and realize its not what I said, cause I don't know what what I'm doing is called? its php related, that's all I know, sorry for the vague thread name.

djr33
10-20-2006, 11:03 PM
I understand. It's just really good to know what a topic about.
Like.... CMS question would be better, just so we have some idea.

I'm not yelling at you.... just help us help you :)

(for example, if we wanted to find this thread later if we come up with an answer, we can't, 'cause of the generic name)

fatedglory15
10-23-2006, 04:49 PM
<div align="center">
<?php
?>
</div>

So if I wanted that to be in an iframe in the center cell, I would add the iframe, put the code into the iframe, and then when I want the contents from each of my links to show up in the iframe do I like them as

<a href="link.php" target="iframe" >Link</a>

?