PDA

View Full Version : RSS scroller problem

Bikerman
10-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Still waiting for some help please.....

1) Script Title: Pausing RSS scroller

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/rsspausescroller/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I', trying to stick a few choices of feed for the user to change with a click. The script works fine (thanks, by the way - it's perfect for my needs).
I've created a little section of a href=javascript entries which I hoped the user would click and then it would run the script again with a new feed specified. I've defined the RSS sources in the scrollerbridge.php routine so that should be OK.
Heres a sample of the way I've been trying to do it. (Basically I want to offer (say) 4 to 6 selectable science feeds to be changed with a mouse click.

Here is a section - you'll see what I'm trying to do I'm sure:

<a href="#" onclick="javacript:new rsspausescroller("scimag", "pscroller", "rssclass", 2000, "", "date+description")">Science Mag</a>
<a href="#" onclick="javacript:new rsspausescroller("yahoo", "pscroller", "rssclass", 2000, "", "date+description")">Yahoo Science</a>
<a href="#" onclick="javacript:new rsspausescroller("slashot", "pscroller", "rssclass", 2000, "", "date+description")">SlashDot Science</a>

Obviously I'm doing something daft so I wonder if you could help me.

Much appreciated.

Chris.