PDA

View Full Version : "PHP is easy as can be"

mikeysfbay
01-17-2005, 09:46 PM
Hello, DD folks!

New here, as of Dr. King Day '05. I've used many DD scripts while teaching myself HTML last year, and think they're superb. This is my very first "Developer Forum"...hope you'll pardon my stupidity!

I grew very tired of the Yahoo WYSIWYG at Geocities, so switched to their HTML editor and am pretty good at the 4.0 level. Decided to get a domain name, probably should've stayed within Yahoo but went with someone else (I won't name them, because it took them a full month to activate the .com access and they haven't been very helpful at all).

Still, they DO have some nifty add-ons, including PHP stuff. Old-timer that I am, it's been difficult for me to figure stuff out - I'm barely beginning to get a grasp on Javascript. The few tutorials I've read so far tell me PHP's easy...assuming I already know this, that, and the other.

Uhh...apparently I don't! So, my initial question here is this:

Can someone describe in plain terms, how to associate my existing HTML documents with PHP add-ons? I believe I'm "missing the boat" in the area of SQL Databases and/or Apache handlers. Haven't a clue, despite some admittedly quick glances at various resources.

I would totally appreciate any advice anyone can offer!

~Mike

simonf
01-18-2005, 04:14 AM
Hi Take a look at http://www.tizag.com/phpT/