PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Tabs Content - links

heebie
10-19-2006, 07:31 PM
1) Script Title: Ajax Tobs Content

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
How do I make it so that links within the tabbed content open in the tabbed content and not on their own?

ddadmin
10-20-2006, 12:21 AM
About the only way is to use an iframe for the actual Ajax content, and within that iframe, reference another page containing your links. So for example, your ajax content external page may look something like:

<iframe src="anotherpage"></iframe>

This way, when the iframe is loaded as the tab content, any link within the iframe is loaded inside the iframe.

heebie
10-21-2006, 07:36 PM
But then the cool thing of the content automatically taking on the css of the page is lost?

eth
10-22-2006, 01:08 PM
using ajax tab contents, how can I change links in the other tabs when I load a page in the first tab?
Say I have generated a link and has shown the content in the first tab. Then I would like to have different links on the other tabs which will be related to the first link.

ddadmin
10-23-2006, 06:35 AM
Eth:
Dynamic generation/ population of the tabs is currently not possible. Perhaps in the next update I'll add such a feature.

p.s: Please start a new thread when asking a question, not reply to an existing one. Thanks,

Metellus
10-25-2006, 05:06 PM
I use axax tabs loading external htmlpages on the fly. And generally the script works fine -> as long as i do not use special characters like and so on - characters of german language.

the main page, that uses axax tab-scripts has charset=iso-8859-1. when requesting an external page containing one of the above special chars, they are then displayed faulty. e.g. in firefox it is a questionmark.

seems, as if the characters are getting lost through the xmlbased request, ajax uses.

is there a way to tell ajax, that these special chars should be managed in a certain way? and if so - in which part of the script shall i include it?

can anyone help?

Musicman75
10-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Hello,

I've got the same problem as heebie. Isn't there any possibility to open Links inside the container in the same container again?

Thanks a lot for support.

Steff