PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Left Border Disappearance Act

allezcyclist
10-19-2006, 07:18 PM
1) Script Title: Ajax Tabs Content script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

.shadetabs li.selected a{ /*selected main tab style */
background-image: url(shadeactive.gif);
border-bottom-color: #FFFFFF;
}

In IE 6 this causes the bottom left grey border of the selected tab to disappear for a pixel. Can't figure out any workarounds to fix this, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jason

blm126
10-20-2006, 01:16 AM
I'm not sure whether this is incorrect or not. I can't find anything in the CSS specs that say. Basically, the problem is that the very corner pixel belongs to the bottom margin and not the side margin.

ddadmin
10-20-2006, 01:23 AM
If I understood your question correctly, actually, the bottom border (not bottom left border) for the selected tab was designed to disappear, so that tab appears merged with the content below it. If you're trying to bring back the bottom border, just edit the code:

.shadetabs li.selected{
position: relative;
top: 1px;
}

.shadetabs li.selected a{ /*selected main tab style */
background-image: url(shadeactive.gif);
border-bottom-color: #FFFFFF;

}

The code is gray should be removed.

allezcyclist
10-20-2006, 12:37 PM
My problem is not that I don't want the invisible bottom border, but that the left most pixel of the bottom border of the selected tab does not appear in IE, causing a 1px break in the left border. I believe blm126 is right that in IE, the bottom-border is in charge of the entire bottom. including the left most pixel of the left-side. The problem is visible on your demo page I think.

I want to find a way to keep the style of these tabs but fix the broken look in IE.

ddadmin
10-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Lol oh ok now I get it. I had to look very very closely to see what you mean. I fiddled around with the CSS to try and fix that, but nothing so far worked. I'll take another look this weekend, but it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

typhoidtimmy
07-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Was looking around for an answer to this very problem....anyone find anything on it? That pixel is a persistent problem and I cannot seem to get it to work in IE with the CSS.