PDA

View Full Version : IE bloaks nav bar

bigbadbilly
10-19-2006, 07:13 AM
IE blocks nav bar

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/topnavbar.htm

Hi, I'm new here, so be gentle with me. I downloaded and installed the above 'Top Navigational Bar II' into a web page sitting on my hard disc. The nav bar worked first time, but with one problem. I opened the page with my default browser, IE 6, and immediately a blocker appeared at the top of the page instead of the nav bar, warning me that for security purposes, the active content was being blocked. I can unblock it and therefore see the nav bar, but I have to do this every time I re-open the page.

Obviously I'm concerned that when I upload this to my server, other people who try to view my page will have the same problem as I do, but here's what puzzles me - when I open the page at the above URL, where the script details are located, and the demo nav bar sits at the top of the page, it all opens up fine, and I see no blocker message at all. ???

So how do you guys do it? My browser prevents me from seeing the nav bar on my own page (which contains nothing at all except your code) but it does allow me to see your page in full, including nav bar.

TIA

Bill

ddadmin
10-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Actually, the "warning bar" of IE is only shown when you're viewing a webpage offline that contains any JavaScript. It will not be displayed when the page is viewed online, so there is no issue.