PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnail No Right Clicks

connie
01-17-2005, 03:18 AM
I'm not sure if I'm in the correct forum or not? I recently added the "No Right Click" code to my website. It works fantastic!!! But...........

My concern is that: the pictures on my website are "thumbnails" - as long as you 'right click' on the main page with the thumbnails you cannot "save picture as", or 'copy'. Here's the problem: if you click on the thumbnail to enlarge the picture (which I definelty want!) then you can "save pictures as" or 'copy' from these thumbnails.

How can I 'code' my main page to prevent the thumbnails for being copied? I'm hosted on Yahoo! and the program I use is a simple program where I can use thumbnails...but have no idea how to add 'code' to these like I can all my regular pages.

Can anyone please help me out??? I have new pictures that are specially created that I DO NOT want copied, simply for sentimental purposes. I know this can be done, because I've been to other websites where you cannot 'right click' on thumbnails...I just have no idea how or where to get the correct information.

Thank you ever so much if you can help me!!!!!!!
Connie

simonf
01-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Hi Connie

Firstly, the "No Right Click" scripts, to be honest are a total waste of time as the information is stored on the users computer so if they really want it they can take it.

With images, I would suggest two things:
1) Have a small file (3/4K for the initial thumbprint
2) When enlarged using a larger file, place a copyright logo/text over the main part of the image. This still does not 100% save your copyright as a good graphic design person that knows photoshop or other graphics program could remove within a few minutes.

If you want to continue to use the NRC script, have you also placed the command:
<meta HTTP-EQUIV="imagetoolbar" CONTENT="no"> Which stops the little toolbar appearing when the mouse is over a graphic.