PDA

View Full Version : LightBox

followyourexit
10-15-2006, 06:20 PM
hi guys,

….i’m trying to use lightbox v2.0 on a page that also contains a .mov file and when i click the pictures before the film is loaded the lightbox doesn’t load and simply directs me to the image location….also once the .mov file has loaded i click on the thumbnails and the lightbox seems to be layered underneath the .mov file. I'm using a plugin version spefically programmed for wordpress and i believe the basic functions of the code are the same i just wondered if anyone knew a way to layer the lightbox above the .mov file and also loading the lightbox before the quicktime .mov has loaded

here is the link for the page that is causing me grief:

http://sihilldesign.com/wordpress/?p=12

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks,

si

jscheuer1
10-16-2006, 05:44 AM
Lightbox doesn't initialize until the page is loaded. This includes images and, if you have them, .mov files. A way around this would be to not have the .mov load as a part of the page, but rather have it be added later via javascript. Having lightbox's effect appear over a .mov file may be possible using z-index and/or parameters of the .mov file and/or of its tag(s) but, you may have to hide or set the .mov file's container element's display value to none while lightbox is active.

tech_support
10-16-2006, 06:32 AM
Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6) for the proper posting format when asking a question.

tech_support
10-16-2006, 06:38 AM
Anyway, it looks like one of your scripts is conflicting with the page. Try this, as said in the Support page.

It doesn't work at all. The image opens up in a new page. What's wrong?

This is commonly caused by a conflict between JS scripts. Check your body tag and look for an onload attribute. Example:
<body onload="MM_preloadImages(‘/images/menu_on.gif’)…;">
A quick fix to this problem is to append the initLightbox() to the onload attribute as so:
<body onload="MM_preloadImages(‘/images/menu_on.gif’)…;initLightbox()">

jscheuer1
10-16-2006, 07:03 AM
Anyway, it looks like one of your scripts is conflicting with the page. Try this, as said in the Support page.

Not really, if you read the post, it says that it only does that until the page has loaded.

tech_support
10-16-2006, 07:05 AM
Not really, if you read the post, it says that it only does that until the page has loaded.
Really? For me it won't even show if you waited for the page to load.

jscheuer1
10-16-2006, 07:19 AM
Really? For me it won't even show if you waited for the page to load.

I hadn't bothered looking, I just trusted what followyourexit had said but -

Really.

However, the .mov file takes forever to load so you may have thought that the page was loaded when it wasn't.

Seeing how long it takes to load, I'd advise compressing the file, or better yet, not using it.

tech_support
10-17-2006, 07:19 AM
Or just don't put it on auto-load.