PDA

View Full Version : Send Score?

cursed
10-15-2006, 02:03 AM
I have some flash games, how do i go about making it send score and / give .. virtual points?

I know i sound blunt, but i'm not that good at using flash.

djr33
10-15-2006, 09:11 AM
send score to where? do you mean show the score?
give points? ...? store points? related to a user? IP? just for that time in the game?

Generally, you store the score in a variable then add a value (1?) to it each time something "good" happens.

Please give more info...

BLiZZaRD
10-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Agreed with djr there, there are many types of scores, in game, out of game, high scores, times played, etc.

Just let us know what you want and we will get you on your way ;)

DimX
10-15-2006, 05:00 PM
He probably wants to send the score to the server and store it there. It should be done with something like loadVariablesNum or other similar function.

cursed
10-15-2006, 06:43 PM
a bit more clearer.

I want a flash game to send the score to a virtual pet website(something like neopets)
and then they would recieve 'points' depending on the score they get and the difficulty of the game.

BLiZZaRD
10-16-2006, 05:31 AM
You will need to set up a score table on the games, and use an XML crossbrowser allowance txt file.

The other site will also need the XML file and a recepticle to read the scores. Not impossible by any means, but very difficult to get working correctly.

It might be easier to have the scores also write to a txt file that is read by php and or MySQL from the other site, instead of trying to send it directly from the Flash files.