PDA

View Full Version : Chrome CSS Drop Down Menu (v2.0) Problem in Firefox 2 RC2

rjb
10-14-2006, 01:29 AM
1) Script Title: Chrome CSS Drop Down Menu (v2.0)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/chrome/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
Functionality seems partially compromised in Firefox 2 (release candidate 2). drop downs do not disappear as consistently as they do in the current release (they will not disappear unless you click within the drop down or mouse OVER the menu; otherwise the menus remain visible).

Would have thought it was a local issue, but I see it does the same thing on the DD page.

I'm on a mac (not sure if this extends to a pc), btw.

Being that this is rc2, I'm thinking this may stay this way in the next official FF release :(

Wondering if anyone else has noted this and has a work-around?

Thanks!

blm126
10-14-2006, 03:04 AM
RC2 means they are fixing bugs not adding features. If you really want this fixed issolate the problem, and post it to bugzilla.

ddadmin
10-14-2006, 08:14 AM
I've yet to download Firefox 2.0 since it's not yet gone gold yet. Once it does, and if there still is a problem with Chrome menu (and any other scripts on DD), rest assured I'll be fixing them. I'm on Windows though, not that it should matter when it comes to Firefox.

rjb
10-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the info. Glad to hear it.

I'm also looking forward to the next release candidate (slated for Tuesday, I think). Hopefully, all will be working again there. If not, I'll also try to do as Brady suggested (isolate the problem and post to bugzilla), but as my javascript knowledge is really basic, that may be more wishful thinking on my part than anything :)

Thanks again,
rjb

rjb
10-17-2006, 03:15 AM
Well, for what it's worth, the problem persisted in rc3 *grumble*, but I was able to tweak things a bit to get it working properly again on my side.

Apologies in advance, because I'm sure this is probably a Not Good way of handling things, but it does seem to work again. If someone else has a better alternative, I'm all ears :)

I could isolate the problem to something in here:
dynamichide:function(e){
var evtobj=window.event? window.event : e
if (this.ie&&!this.dropmenuobj.contains(evtobj.toElement))
this.delayhidemenu()
else if (this.firefox&&e.currentTarget!= evtobj.relatedTarget&& !this.contains_firefox(evtobj.currentTarget, evtobj.relatedTarget))
this.delayhidemenu()
}

so...*ahem* I simply tacked on an additional else statement, sans conditions.

else
this.delayhidemenu()

ddadmin
10-25-2006, 12:17 PM
Ok, I finally installed Firefox 2 today, and have fixed the issue with the drop down menu not disappearing in that browser: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/chrome/index.htm FYI, just locate the change the line inside chrome.js from:

this.dropmenuobj.onmouseout=function(){cssdropdown.dynamichide(e)}

to:

this.dropmenuobj.onmouseout=function(e){cssdropdown.dynamichide(e)}

blm126
10-25-2006, 07:38 PM
That code actually worked with a typo like that before?

ddadmin
10-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Lol yep, strangely enough, even without explicitly passing in an event object.