PDA

View Full Version : Warning in IE due to script

i'm lost
01-16-2005, 09:36 PM
I am using the AnyLink Drop Down Menu http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/dropmenuindex.htm. I modified the script with the links I want to use and tweaked the appearance. It works perfectly in Firefox, but for a person with Windows sp2 using IE with default security settings, it gives a warning and blocks the script from running until the person allows it (which they have to do every time they view the page). This warning doesn't come up when viewing the sample script on the dynamicdrive web site. Since most people use IE, I don't want a warning message to pop up every time they view the site, so I would like to know how to eliminate the warning.

What could be causing it? It is part of a frames page, but that shouldn't cause any problems. I have the script in a separate page that is linked to by the html page, but I tried putting it into the html file and the problem didn't go away. I attached the files to this message.

Minos
01-17-2005, 04:15 AM
If you are viewing the page locally, you will have that issue. USUALLY when the page is uploaded, it goes away.

i'm lost
01-17-2005, 05:29 AM
Thank you so much. Such a simple piece of info eliminates a big problem.

ddadmin
01-17-2005, 10:08 PM
This is true- Windows XP2 merely asks for confirmation before running a JavaScript/ DHTML when it's viewed locally. This means it's not a problem at all to your actual visitors, who will be viewing your page online. However, if you wish to bypass this confirmation even on your local webpage, add the below code to the very top of your webpage's source:

<!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->