PDA

View Full Version : Bookmark Site script IE and Firefox 1.0

clubwage
01-15-2005, 10:38 PM
script: Bookmark Site script IE
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/addbook.htm

This script has a "problem" using it in firefox. It bookmarks the page but then when I use it, the page loads in the sidebar. I can undo this behavior by opening the properties for the bookmark and unchecking the box that reads "load this bookmark in the sidebar".

I doubt many visitors to my site (www.clubwager.net) will know to uncheck this box and I don't want them to have that hassel anyway.

Is there a way to have this script bookmark my site in firefox without it automatically checking "load this bookmark in the sidebar"?

Thanks for any help. :o

ddadmin
01-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Hmmm this problem seems to have only occured after FF1.0. I don't see an easy fix right now, though if I stumble upon it, as always, the script will be updated for it.

mark1
06-26-2005, 08:51 AM
I don't have this problem with the latest version of FF (1.0.4), but I do with Netscape 7.2 (the one before the latest, with the dual search engines). It puts the bookmark in the sidebar and in the Tabs tab (at the top of the sidebar) but not in the Bookmarks list.

I see this came up in January. Has there been any progress in fixing this?

Thanks.

ddadmin
06-26-2005, 08:55 AM
I just tested this script in FF1.04 Win XP, and the same problem seem to persist- the bookmarked site gets loaded in the side panel. If anyone knows a fix, please let me know.